Thursday, September 15, 2011

Cooking Up Thursdays Intro

 
Cooking...I really enjoy cooking.  Unlike the way I feel about cleaning, cooking and baking give me a great sense of accomplishment especially when the people I am cooking for show their appreciation.  Being a mom can be an often times thankless job, however making a family member's favorite meal and hearing the thanks can relieve some of that feeling of being under appreciated.  There is nothing like when your 6 year old exclaims  in happiness when his favorite of spaghetti and meatballs is placed in front of him at the dinner table; it's the best! Involving children in the cooking can help build self esteem as well.  My daughter just lights up when we bake some homemade cookies and her daddy tells her how good they are and what a great job she did.  In short, cooking and sharing meals brings families together...we all have to eat right?
Thursday posts will consists of recipes, cooking tips, gardening tips, book/website reviews and recommendations, and soon product reviews and giveaways.  Looking for a tried and true recipe?  Let me know and I'll see what I can find.

No comments: