Sunday, September 4, 2011

A Little Bit About Multi Mommi

Hey Everyone! Before I get started with my new blog here I thought I would introduce myself. I will create another post soon to explain better what this blog will consist of.

To start off my name is Heather, I am 34 and I live in California. I am a stay-at-home mom of three beautiful children: one girl who I will probably refer to as M(age11) and two boys Z(6) and E(4). I am not necessarily planning on informing everyone on everything they do, however it may come up at times. I am married and while my husband can be a major pain in my rear I love him to death! Although I am sure at times he thinks I am the one who is the pain but life would be boring otherwise right?

Things I like to do in my "free time": I love to read and will give almost anything a chance whether classical literature, historical novels, self-help, trashy romances, the ever popular vampire smut, and my current obsession with fanfiction of said vampire smut (don't judge me and I won't judge you:).) While I do enjoy being pampered I have three kids and don't feel it necessary to dump them on someone else while I got to the salon/spa. For now I will settle with being excited about going to the grocery store alone and doing the girly stuff at home (i.e. pedis/manis, playing with makeup. and doing our hair) with my daughter while my sons ransack the house. Music...I love music especially anything I can sing along with. I particularly like to do this in front of my daughter and her friends because I get a kick out of the look of embarrassment on M's face. I'm mean I know (again, don't judge me.) Another new hobby I have thanks to my crazy sister (check out her blog) who usually gets me into all sort of things including writing this blog is couponing. I am very new at this so I am sure you will read about my misadventures as I learn "the way".

Credentials: Ha! My only credentials are that I am a 34 year old stay at home mom. Experience, now that I have. While I do not have a college degree I have taken many college courses ranging from basic general ed classes to interior design to elementary education. I also have been through cosmetology school however due to becoming pregnant with my eldest son, I couldn't stand being around all of the fumes and am pretty sure it couldn't have been all that healthy for the baby. I have managed a clothing store, a home decoration store, a bath &body store, and a little bakery/cafe in Carmel (hoighty toighty I know.) I was also a loan production assistant for awhile and my in-laws are in real estate so I have some knowledge of that industry as well. I home schooled my daughter for a couple of years so I know a little about that as well. The thing I think will help the most with this blog is my ability to do research. Like I said before I love to read so if I find something of interest I have a tendency to research the heck out of it.

My personality: hmmm....well I am pretty shy when it comes to meeting new people but warm up quickly, I can be a bit crude at times and give TMI so I apologize in advance for that. I believe in God, however I do not go to church and feel that my religious beliefs are just that, mine, not to be judged by others. I tend to take things personally and I have no problem admitting when I am wrong so constructive criticism is always welcomed but personal attacks will get you banned from my blog. Most importantly, I love to have fun and interact with people whether I have things in common with them or not.

So that is some of me in a nutshell and I hope we can have a good time here and learn from one another. I will be posting a more detailed explanation on what my blog is about soon. I will also be creating a Facebook fan page and a Twitter account so check back soon or better yet, subscribe!

No comments: