Thursday, October 6, 2011

Applying Eyeliner Who Me???


Okay, so I think we have established that I am not a girly girl who wears make-up and has perfectly coiffed hair every day.  That does NOT mean I don't like to look nice for special occasions and when I am out and about for lunch, dinner, movies, etc.  I am also really cheap and purchasing beauty products is not very high on my priority list so you can imagine how excited I was when my sister had an extra Glambox by Smashbox from her recent giveaway.  My daughter and I had a mini-makeover session immediately and we both love the whole line.  The mascara is great giving length, volume, and color without feeling heavy or clumping, but my favorite item was the Jet Set Waterproof eyeliner in Vamp.  It is a cream based eyeliner that is applied with a brush.  I was a little skeptical at first because I suck at applying liquid eyeliner and figured this would be a similar situation.  I was so wrong!  It went on very smoothly and since it is a cream/powder you are not dealing with the harsh lines of liquid liner.  Even my daughter was impressed with my eyeliner applying skills!  Another thing I noticed about SmashBox cosmetics is that it feels good and light on my skin I hate that feeling of heavy makeup...it makes me want to wash my face all day long.  So if you get a chance, go check them out on FaceBook just enter SmashBox into the search function.

Fan-fic rec of the week:  Trust, Loyalty, Commitment by belli486

Bella, Director of her church'e Afterschool Program, has been faithful to her commitment to remain a virgin until she is married.  Tallahassee Police Officer, Edward Cullen's charm and sex appeal severely challenges her resolve. AU/AH Rated M for adult content

This is a great story dealing with so many different issues like faith, religion, interracial marriage/relationships, and falling in love (of course).  There is also an amount of mystery/crime due to a stalker.  While there is some smut it is very tastefully done and an integral part of the story...I mean Bella is 23 and a virgin.  Take a look this story is sweet, intriguing, and eye opening.  I hope you enjoy it as much as I have!

Happy Wednesday!

No comments: