Friday, October 7, 2011

It's Raining Let's Make Chili!

The weather is cooling down and it happens to be raining today.  To me this all spells comfort food.  I actually make this chili recipe year round because not only is it good on its own it is great with BBQ, on baked potatoes, chili dogs, etc.  It is also a recipe that can be multiplied quite easily for parties!  My mother-in-law taught me this recipe and her mother-in-law taught her.  Hopefully she won't be upset that I am sharing with you!  So...here you go:

1 lb. ground beef
1 can pinto beans
1 can ranch style or chili beans
12 oz. salsa
chili powder to taste

Brown the ground beef until fully cooked.  Add the remaining ingredients and simmer until heated through.

See?  It is SO easy!  And it tastes great!  You can easily substitute other ingredients such as ground turkey or pork for the beef,  Mexican style diced tomatoes for the salsa, or you can even add corn.  Sometimes I just have a bowl with a bit of shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream and sometimes we use it to make burritos.  I hope you enjoy this chili as much as my family does!

HAPPY THURSDAY!

A/N:  I think I screwed up the scheduling thing on here because this was supposed to post yesterday...sorry.

No comments: